Letter from Emma Kirsch
To Bassett: Please Keep FCF Open
I have been a member of FoxCare Fitness for many years. I am asking Bassett to reconsider the decision to close the facility for the following reasons:
• It is an extremely valuable asset to our senior community, who rely upon it for essential exercise and fitness training.
• All of the staff are personable, professional, and extremely helpful and kind to all.
• The psychological element of the social connection at classes and fitness activities is much-needed, especially after our years of pandemic isolation.
• Private gyms in the area don’t offer the same benefits and environment.
• The YMCA is stretched thin logistically already (many classes are held off-site now due to lack of space); they don’t have the equipment or the pool space to accommodate all of our members.
• Oneonta has been hoping to add many more residents (the Dietz Street lofts as one example). A state-of-the-art gym and fitness center is an asset in attracting folks to relocate here.
• The interface of fitness center and physical therapy facilities is an excellent marriage of services—PT patients benefit from exercising near the gym members in a spirit of camaraderie.