Smoky Blaze Engulfs Tar Truck in Otego

Smoky Fire Engulfs

Tar Truck in Otego

A tar truck owned by Webster Asphalt Inc., Oneonta,  caught fire yesterday on Calder Hill Road, Town of Otego. According to Trooper Aga Dembinska, Troop C public information officer, the black smoke could be seen from I-88, but no one was injured. The blaze was believed to be caused in the tar kettle, which overheated, began to smoke and then quickly engulfed the truck. No injuries were reported and no tickets were issued, and the blaze was quickly extinguished by the Otego Fire Department.  (Photo courtesy Troop C)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.