LETTER from HANNA JOY BERGENE
To The Editor:
My name is Hanna Joy Bergene and I am honored to be running for village trustee alongside our current trustee/deputy mayor, Cindy Falk in the village election next Tuesday, March 16.
Many in the local business community may know me from my time working at the Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce, Paperkite, Stagecoach Coffee and the Cooperstown Winter Carnival Committee.
I’ve called Cooperstown home my entire life. My parents, Gregory and Susan Bergene, both long-time employees of Cooperstown Central School District, taught me the value of a good work ethic and getting involved in your community from a young age.
As a village trustee, my goal is to make Cooperstown the best place it can be for all residents and businesses alike. I have thought long and hard, as well as asked a few close friends about what makes a great trustee. Some of the things that stood out to me are:
• Someone with a passion for public service.
• Someone who has a love for all members of the community; kids, families, seniors, young professionals, students, doctors, teachers, small business owners, healthcare workers, summer residents, visitors, etc.
• Someone who empathetically listens to the wants and needs of their community.
• Someone with a desire to preserve our natural and historical resources.
• Someone who wants to work towards progress and growth for the community.
I can proudly say that I am that “Someone” listed above. I would be humbled and honored to have the opportunity to give back to the community that has given me a lifetime of knowledge, experience, and a sense of community. I want to make a difference in the village that I love, to create a place where people want to live, work, and play, and to help to continue to move Cooperstown forward.
I encourage all Village of Cooperstown residents to vote for Bergene and Falk on Tuesday, March 16.
HANNA JOY BERGENE
Cooperstown Village Trustee