COOPERSTOWN – As of noon today, a second Otsego County person died of COVID-19, county Public Health Director Heidi Bond reports.
As prescribed by county policy, no further details were released.
In all, there are now 35 confirmed cases, up two from yesterday.
Of the 35 total cases, five are hospitalized, compared to four yesterday; 12 have recovered and are off isolation, compared to nine yesterday.
Some 94 people are on mandatory quarantine, a dip from 113 yesterday; and four on precautionary quarantine, up from two.
Forty-six people, three more than yesterday, have been released from precautionary/mandatory quarantine.
Bond urged everyone to follow these precautions to prevent the spread of illness
• Wash your hands often and for at least 20 seconds
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
• Avoid physical contact like handshakes and hugs
• Keep a 6-foot distance between yourself and others when out in public
• Stay home at all times, unless you need to conduct essential business