HOMETOWN People Jan 30 2019

HOMETOWN People
Jan 30 – Feb 1, 2019

Winter Fest At Gilbert Lake Means Winter Fun

With snow left over from Winter Storm Harper, there was plenty of winter to be enjoyed at the annual Winterfest at Glibert Lake on Saturday, Oct. 26. Above, OCCA Program Director Jeff O’Handley, left, talks with Kathryn Daily, Oneonta, as he leads a snowshoeing tour around Gilbert Lake. Below, Tami-Lee Volgari, Oneonta, sleds down a hill with her daughter Eama-Lee

 

 

OFO Selects 2019 Board of Directors

ONEONTA – Sita Fey has been named as the president of the Opportunities for Otsego Board of Directors for 2019.
In addition to Fey, Bryce Fredrick was elected vice president, Dr. Benjamin Friedell was elected secretary and David Merzig was elected treasurer.
Members at Large include Katie Bottger, Dan Butterman, Fanny Clements, Alan Donovan, Catarinna Ferrara, Lynn Kent, Melinda Murdock, Tim Parsons, Lisa Samols, Erin Seeley, Ana Vendemmia, and Lorrie Wolverton.
The Board of Directors sets policy for the organization and gives guidance to senior staff in assisting low income people in Otsego County.

THREE ON TOP: Mary Catella, Oneonta, was named to the Dean’s List at Cazenovia College.
Also on the list were:
• Gloria Banks, Oneonta
• Eliya Pickwick, Maryland.
WHEELER LAUDED: Kyla Wheeler, Oneonta, has been named to the Champlain College Dean’s List for the Fall 2018 semester.

 

Jim Kevlin/HOMETOWN ONEONTA – Jeff Wanke of Oneonta, a popular and helpful manager at Cooperstown’s Price Chopper, is back on the job Wednesday, Jan. 23 receiving congratulations from well wishers after a medical leave.

 

Security-Guard’s Death Prompts Bassett To Give Away CO Detectors

COOPERSTOWN – Having lost one of their own – Wade Bostwick, a Milford resident and well-liked security guard who died Saturday, Nov. 24, a victim of carbon-monoxide poison – the Bassett Hospital community is taking steps to prevent it from happening again.
Working with Kidde, the fire-safety products manufacturer, the healthcare network has arranged to provide carbon-monoxide detectors free to anyone who might need one, Executive Vice President & COO Ronette Wiley announced.
Department heads will be coordinating distribution in the next few weeks.
Since Bostwick’s passing, “We have had a number of patients who have required treatment for this,” said Wiley in a message to employees. “With our bitter cold and snow, this is the time of the year where there is an increased danger.”
She pointed out carbon monoxide “is an odorless and colorless gas that can build up indoors and poison people and animals who unknowingly breathe it in. This gas comes from fumes produced when fuel is burned in lanterns, grills, fireplaces, gas ranges, and furnaces.”

 


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

*

code