Loose Stovepipe Started Fire, Reports Schuyler Lake FD

Loose Stovepipe Starts Fire,

Schuyler Lake VFD Reports

Capt. Ryan Strong, of the Richfield Springs Volunteer Fire Department was on the scene of a fire in Schuyler Lake. The fire, which started in a loose woodstove pipe, was quickly contained. With him is Alan Steere, a Schuyler Lake VFD firefighter. (James Cummings/AllOTSEGO.com)

SCHUYLER LAKE – A loose wood stove pipe caused a house fire earlier this afternoon on County Route 22 in the Hamlet of Schuyler Lake.

The fire, at the home of Tom Donnelly, was reportedly caused by a loose fitting on a wood stove. The leak from the stove and resulting heat caught the house’s wallpaper on fire.

The Schuyler Lake Fire Department responded at around 3:30 p.m. to douse the flames, tear off the siding and remove the pipe from the wood stove. The issue was resolved within 45 minutes.

Mutual aid was provided by Richfield Springs Fire Dept. with Fly Creek and Exeter on standby.

One thought on “Loose Stovepipe Started Fire, Reports Schuyler Lake FD

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Prove you're not a robot: *