Fire At Munson’s Building Supply

Fire At Munson’s

Building Supply

Steve Munson and Richard Jubar have already begun fixing the corner of Munson’s Building Supply that was damaged in a minor electrical fire this morning. (Ian Austin/AllOTSEGO.com)

ONEONTA – A small electrical fire broke out a Munson’s Building Supply this morning, causing minor damage to a storage area in the front of the store.

Around 8:30 a.m., co-owner Steve Munson and his employees heard a loud “bang” before the power went out. A fire was quickly discovered in front west corner of the store. Though only a small area was damaged by the fire, the Oneonta Fire Department saturated and tore out a larger area to keep the fire from spreading. The main sales floor was not damaged.

Munson believes the fire was caused by a short in the service line. “It could have been a lot bigger,” he said.

The store will be closed today, but repairs have already begun, and Munson anticipates that they will be open for business tomorrow.


One thought on “Fire At Munson’s Building Supply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.